I took part in our state wide March for Life this weekend. I must say it was encouraging to see the many voices fighting for life at every stage in the human experience. At the same time, I wish I had seen more. Prolifers have been waging this battle for hearts and minds for over forty years now. When people are in a struggle for that long, there is a tendency to become apathetic to the mission. WE MUST NOT BECOME APATHETIC.
Silence is not an option. I was reminded of this Sunday morning through this passage in the book of Proverbs,
If you faint in the day of adversity,
your strength is small.
Rescue those who are being taken away to death;
hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.
If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,”
does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it,
and will he not repay man according to his work? (Prov. 24:10-12)
We are living in a culture of adversity when it comes to the issue of abortion. Our adversity ranges from the government to your friend or coworker. But where there is adversity there is opportunity. We must take advantage of the opportunity to defend life. We must take advantage of the opportunity to shine the light of truth on the dark deception of abortion.
This passage in Proverbs is calling us to action. Look at the words the writer of Proverbs uses, rescue, hold back, those are some powerful words. There are many ways to take part in the rescuing and holding back when it comes to the issue of abortion. We must take a stand and not grow faint, we must not allow our strength to be small. Here are a few ways you can help,
- Find a pregnancy resource center in your area and support it financially, resources and volunteering
- Be ready to defend the pro life position with decency and respect, we win this battle one heart at a time
- Election has consequences, vote for Pro Life candidates
- Offer the hope, love and forgiveness found in Christ to those who have had abortions
- Call elected officials and let them hear our voice
- Teach Teach Teach the truth
- Contact your Right to Life organization
There are many ways and avenues we can spread hope and life. Get involved, we must not be silent
Until Next Time
Soli Deo Gloria